BRING ALL OVER-THE-COUNTER (OTC) MEDICATIONS AND SUPPLEMENTS TO ALL APPOINTMENTS
• Bringing all medications and supplements with you to each appointment allows us to provide the best care possible, and ensure accuracy of our patient charts.
• Various medications can interact with other medications and supplements. Therefore, it is imperative that all medications, generic or name-brand, as well as supplements are available at each appointment.
• Getting refills on medications is also easier when we can see the label on the bottle to make sure that we are renewing the right medication, dosage and directions.
• Many patients have a hard time remembering the strength of their medication, how often they are supposed to take it, or even why they are taking it. We are better able to help you when you provide us with the information we need.
CANCELLATION/NO SHOW FEES
• A 24 hour notice is requested to cancel an appointment.
• We have a $25 - $50 no show fee (depending on your appointment length). We have reserved at least 20-30 minutes for your appointment, and our time is valuable. A missed appointment takes an opportunity away from someone else who has been waiting to be seen. Please make every effort to keep your scheduled appointment.
INSURANCE AND FEES
• Insurance coverage varies among companies and your employment group. You are responsible for providing insurance information and insurance identification cards. You need to be aware of the coverage and requirements of your particular policy.
• All Medicaid patients must show proof of coverage prior to being seen. We bill those insurance companies with which we participate. Patients will be responsible to pay co- pays, deductible and non-covered services.
• Full payment, including co-pay, is expected at the time of service. It is the responsibility of the patient to be informed regarding their co-pay as well as services covered in a advance of the appointment. If co-pay is not made at the time of service, an additional $5.00 (five) fee will be assessed.
• For your convenience, we accept the following methods of payment: Cash, check, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
MEDICATION RECYCLING PROGRAM
• Create a healthier environment for yourself and others. Medications disposed of improperly contaminate our environment with the chemicals these products contain.
• Full Spectrum Family Medicine is now accepting prescription and over the counter medications, creams and supplements, even if they are expired or unused! We will be disposing of these products in an environmentally friendly manner. We hope you will take advantage of this service; you can drop these products off at our office at any time. Thank you!
PRESCRIPTION REFILL POLICY
• In general, your provider will prescribe sufficient medications until you are due for your next follow-up appointment or your yearly physical.
• Appointment times fill up fast! Follow-up APPOINTMENTS SHOULD BE SCHEDULED PRIOR TO LEAVING THE OFFICE.
• Planning ahead will ensure that you do not run out of your medication. A good rule of thumb is to make an appointment when you still have one refill left on your medication.
• It is important that we follow through on your medications. An appointment gives us the opportunity to assess whether your medication is working for you, or if other adjustments need to be made. It is in your best interests to see us on a regular basis.
• Our office maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) guidelines. The HIPPA Policy is available to read in full below. We will not release or discuss a patient’s condition without your written permission. This includes family and friends.
• Medical records and test results initiated in this office belong to this office. Copies of records will be provided to other medical providers for continuity of care and for informational purposes for referrals upon request at no charge. There is a charge however, to copy records for yourself or a third party (insurance company or governmental agency). If this charge is not paid by the third party, you will be billed.
• Did you schedule a follow-up visit? We are sending notes to patients for NORMAL RESULTS (i.e. labs, pap smears, mammograms, etc.). Soon we will be able to send them to you via the Patient Portal of our computer system. More about that when it is available.
• If you would like to discuss any of your test results with a provider, you will need to make an appointment to do so! Please do not call for your results. If you call for your results, you will be advised that you must make an appointment in order to discuss them with a provider. The best time to make a follow-up appointment is before leaving.
• If there is something that needs to be discussed once we receive your test results, you should receive a phone call from our office to schedule an appointment to review your results. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this transition as we strive to serve you with the best care we possibly can.